Renovations are planned for the Bob Prittie Metrotown Branch beginning December 15. The renovation is to accommodate four self-checkout kiosks, a new service desk for efficient in-person service, a more open and barrier-free entrance, new shelving and lighting in the DVD and CD area, and better display for new books.
The branch will close completely for two days: Monday, December 15 and Tuesday, December 16, to prepare for renovations. Beginning December 17, limited services will be available. Only the library’s program room will be open to the public, and there will be no access to public washrooms.
During Phase I of the renovations (December 17 to mid-January), you can:
- Return your borrowed items in outside return slots.
- Pick up your holds on books, CDs and DVDs through the temporary checkout service in the program room – open regular library hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm; Saturdays 9am to 6pm; and Sundays 1pm to 5pm.
- Browse and borrow Speed Reads, new books and seasonal materials.
- Call 604-436-5430 for questions on borrowing.
- Call 604-436-5400 or email us with reference and information questions.
- Continue to use online services offered by the library.
We hope to reopen the library with most services available during Phase II of the renovations (mid-January to mid-February).
The addition of self-checkout kiosks at Bob Prittie Metrotown are a service enhancement and will not impact the availability of traditional checkout at the branch.
Burnaby Public Library branches will not be accepting donations of books and other materials during the Bob Prittie Metrotown renovation. Storytimes will be held at the Bonsor Recreation Centre until renovations are completed. See BPL Kids for more information, or call 604-436-5420.
Please visit our other branches for study space, public computers, wifi, and to read magazines and newspapers.