Building on the elimination of interest on B.C. student loans, beginning on August 1, 2020, a new needs-based, up-front B.C. Access Grant will remove barriers to post-secondary education and training and provide non-repayable financial support for students at B.C. public post-secondary institutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the B.C. Access Grant?
- Beginning in September 2020, the B.C. Access Grant will help more than 40,000 low- and middle-income students access, afford and complete public post-secondary education and training each year in B.C.
- The grant will be needs-based, up-front and available to eligible students each year.
Who is eligible for the B.C. Access Grant?
- The B.C. Access Grant will be available to low- and middle-income students enrolled in full- and part-time undergraduate degree, diploma and certificate programs.
- Students must be studying at a B.C. public post-secondary institution.
- Students must be eligible to apply for and receive a student loan to access the grant.