Visit the McGill branch to browse the collection or place a hold on any of our new French fiction or graphic novel titles for teens!
Need help learning to use the RPL’s eBooks, catalogue and other electronic resources? Book a Librarian for an individual, 50-minute session, held at theBrighouse Main Branch 2nd floor Ask Me desk. Brighouse offers help with the following topics:
1. OverDrive eBooks & eAudio*
*Bookable 1-on-1 help with OverDrive is also available at Steveston and Cambie Branches. Please call the branch directly (Cambie – 604-273-2223; Steveston 604-274-2012) to book an appointment with library staff.
2. BiblioCommons Library Catalogue
3. Hoopla Movies & more
4. PressReader Current newspapers
5. RBdigital Magazines and Audiobooks Over 200, full-colour, popular magazines and hundreds of audiobooks for streaming or downloading
6. EBSCO MasterFile Thousands of magazine and journal articles; photos; reference books; and more. Ideal for research.
7. Pronunciator Learn a new language with self-directed lesson, live teachers, movies, music, and more! Over 80 languages are available.
8. InterLibrary Loan Find out how you can search for books in other BC libraries, and submit your own requests.
9. Solaro Online study help and exam preparation for the British Columbia curriculum, grades 3 – 12.
April 10 is Library Giving Day. Donate $25 on this day to waive all your Library fines and receive a tax receipt. Donated funds will go towards the purchase of loanable tech for children.
Three ways to donate:
Include in the ‘Message for the Library Board’ field your 14-digit library card number. Fees from this account will be waived.
Show Help Desk staff a print out of your receipt, or the email you received from Canada Helps to get your fees waived.
We accept cash, credit, debit, or cheques at our Help Desks; we do not accept American Express.
Donate by phone:
Call the Help Desk at Poirier (604-937-4141) or City Centre (604-554-7323) to pay by credit card.
Learn more about Library Giving Day.